Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Radio will not turn on by remote, has new batteries in it.

Customer Question
Radio will not turn...

Radio will not turn on by remote, has new batteries in it

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

This is a Bose Wave Radio

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have not played in a while, just will not come on, yes it has power on to the unit

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/25/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the full model number from the back of the the radio?

Will it turn on with its own onboard power button on the radio itself (if it has one)?

This is a bose wave radio, no on board off and on just a remote, I cannot find a serial number
you have listed the wrong phone number, it is(###) ###-####
Now what?

Thank you for confirming,

there is still a model number on the back, it will start with AWR or AWC

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the bose remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. Let me know what you find.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.