Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bose AW1 Acoustic Wave AM-FM radio/ cassette player…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Bose AW1 Acoustic Wave AM-FM radio/ cassette player with the telecoping FM antenna. I would like to replace the antenna. Is that still available?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

I think the model is AW1 It''s from about 1990.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The bottom of the antenna is broken at the base. It's still attached but I would like to replace it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, it's a real simple problem. The antenna is held in place with a screw. I just need to unscrew the old one and replace it with a new one.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately the original Bose Wave (AW-1) extendable antenna is not available for separate purchase. This part was never available as an accessory unfortunately as Bose assumed this part would not need to be replaced. However, on the back of the Bose, is a 300 ohm, coaxial-style FM antenna connection. This can use a standard coaxial cable (such as in a TV system), or Bose DOES sell a small flexible wire antenna that will work in this jack. It is available at the link below for $10 directly from Bose (disregard the branding of "3-2-1 Lifestyle" antenna):

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/speaker_accessories/antenna_fm_dipole_f_conn.html#v=antenna_fm_dipole_f_conn_variant

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

I thought I was connected with Bose. Clearly that is not the case. Forget it.
Thanks for your help Aric.
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 10 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Hi I see the previous expert has left the conversation. Is there anything else that I can help with?