Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Pioneer VSX-D602S Receiver. I have a VSX-D602S

Customer Question
I have a Pioneer...

I have a Pioneer VSX-D602S Receiver

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have a VSX-D602S Receiver. I was getting sound only out of the center channel (speaker 2) and on speaker #1 a loud buzzing sound that does not change with the volume dial but has sound in the background. On speaker #2, I pushed the 'RETURN" button and lost sound on that center channel and cannot get it to return.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The buzzing has been there for a couple of weeks, so have been listening to #2, hit the 'RETURN' today and lost all sound on speaker #2

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/25/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 10 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Have you checked the speaker wiring and the speakers?
What happens if you swap the speakers around - does the problem move to speaker 2 or does it remain on speaker 1?