Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My subwoofer is not working. Pioneer Receiver Elite SC 61. I…

Customer Question
My subwoofer is not...

My subwoofer is not working

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Pioneer Receiver Elite SC 61

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I do not know how to diagnose it. I brought my subwoofer to Best Buys and they did not find any signal so I assumed it was the subwoofer. Now I connected a mirage subwoofer just now and the slight is on but I do not hear any sound.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you try hooking the sub directly to a source device (like the red/white rca out ports on a cable/satellite box or dvd player) and see if you get any audio from it that way?