Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I dusted of my rap-1068 to use it as a pre amp processor for…

Customer Question
Good Afternoon, I dusted...

Good Afternoon, I dusted of my rap-1068 to use it as a pre amp processor for my Martin Logan Motion Vision x soundbar using the Digital Optical out of the 1068. then I have the components plugged into the 1068 as digital audio inputs. I am getting strange sound So i'm curious if what i'm doing is even possible. Ii'm trying to combat the feature parody and allowing the true 5.1 sound pass to the Soundbar.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

RSP-1068, I believe this is one of Rotel's Flagship models for this type of device, '

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is a new setup I used the 1068 in a much different setup previously. I just decided to give this a go when I was having issues with the TV stripping the Digital signal across the optical out

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Here is a diagram

Just to clarify, you only have the optical out from the Rotel connected to the optical Input on the soundbar- in other words, no splitters, or connections to the TV's optical are being used correct?

Nevermind, got the diagram and very helpful by the way- thank you.

Offhand the Martin Logan can only decode Dolby Digital and DTS Digital surround formats. Do you know whether the Rotel is set to output in PCM or Bitstream offhand?

Also as a quick test, can you run a single RCA cable and use the digital coaxial out on the Rotel to the digital coaxial in on the Martin Logan and let me know if it passes digital signal to the soundbar in that manner?

Are you still with me here?

Question #1. Do you know whether the Rotel is set to output in PCM or Bitstream offhand? Answer: No, unfortunately I had lost the remote somehow during the move and I don't know how to trigger the OSD any other way. I read the I could Console into the box using a DB9 to RJ45 cable and I did that utilizing the downloaded tool as opposed to my Secure CRT and with the recommended Baud rate etc.. and I connect but getting gibberish as if i'm connected with the wrong settings. I tried every setting I could and I couldn't connect. ... I could us the Coax Digital out instead I just am using my only real decent Cable on my input from my Direct TV box. I'll hunt a cable down and test.
Offhand I'm not sure of a way to access the osd without remote. Let me know if you have any luck that the coaxial connection.
Thank you very much It will be a couple hours before i'm home to do so. I will keep you informed. And any idea what I could be doing wrong when consoling into the machine? l

Let me know what happens.