Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to wire my speakers to amplifier so I can get

Customer Question
surround sound. nothing happening, have...
trying to wire my speakers to amplifier so I can get surround sound. nothing happening, have checked wire is not broken could it be because my amplifier display reads decoder off?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
pay pal has taken off £30 but was only meant to take deposit of £3.... had no answer either
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To be clear, the fee is not 3, that was only the deposit to post your question, the total amount was the fee agreed to on the payment page and that would be the cost of the service to continue. If you wish to continue, can you please give me the model number of the amplifier and the speakers?

I realised the deposit was £3 but thought the rest came off after your reply, no problem though. Speakers are Samsung PS-DT3 and amplifier is yamaha RX-V371. All worked fine before we moved here and when we had the new broadband put in the engineer wired everything through amplifier, Thought all we had to do was insert wire from speakers into amplifier as before. We did this and for a split second got sound!! However it was very loud as though volume was at full height. Could the speakers have blown? Thank you

Thank you for confirming and the information,

when you turn the yamaha on, does it stay on? Does the display flash or do you hear a clicking sound?

Yamaha stays on . The display does not flash and there is no clicking sound. All is as it has always been

Thank you for confirming,

on the yamaha display screen do you see an icon that says SP or SPA or SPB?

No nothing like that,just decoder off

Well that may actually be the issue, if the speaker output is not turned on. Press the SPEAKER button, repeatedly if needed, until you see SP A (speaker output A ) to be sure that output is enabled.

thank you I will do that. Sorry for delay in replies but I have been out between replies.

No problem at all, take your time.

Maybe being stupid not at all technical but have no idea where speaker button is. Think I will have to get someone to come in and do it. Thank you for your help. Will Close now.

Try pressing the A button on the remote

I think I have a different remote....it is the yamaha I am using....double checked that but there is no A button. Even watched a you tube on remote details and one used was different to mine! Sadly I am not a female that has a clue technically!!!

Thank you for checking, your remote should have it, but perhaps you got a different version at some point.

Lets take a step back here and look at your equipment more closely - with your samsung system, are you using just the samsung speakers and have connected the individual speakers to the yamaha? Or are you using the samsung bluray theater system here?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.