Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our bose wave radio CD rejects repeated attempts to insert a…

Customer Question
Our bose wave radio...

Our bose wave radio CD rejects repeated attempts to insert a CD, but with persistence it plays.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Model AWRCC1 It is at least 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have tied nothing. We just noticed it did it once in awhile, but now more consistently.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No. But once it plays, it plays beautifully! I have played four CDs today. Only one went in and played the first time.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/22/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.