Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought an Amazon Echo Dot and want to hear its sound from…

Customer Question
I bought an Amazon...

I bought an Amazon Echo Dot and want to hear its sound from my Denon 4306 receiver. I connected the two with a monster audio cable hooked into one of the CD in slots behind the receiver but there is no sound. Do I have the wrong cable or the wrong hook up?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

The TV is a Pioneer Elite but that is no needed for what I am trying to do, i.e. listen to music on the Echo Dot via the Denon receiver through my home theater speaker system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried changing the audio cable connection but to no avail.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you using a minijack (headphone) plug on the echo, with the red/white rca cables on the denon?

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.