Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Our Sony multi channel av receiver will indicate the volume

Our Sony multi channel av receiver will indicate the volume is being adjusted but the volume will not decrease.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Give me a few minutes.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's a Sony mod #STR-DH550
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are using a Logitech Harmony 650 Remote. All functions work except volume adjusting.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does the volume stay at a fixed level or increase when you try to turn it down?
Will it work if you use the original sony remote, or the onboard volume knob, rather than the logitech?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Stays at a fixed volume
When using all of the above, no change in volume but the indicator displays increase/decrease

Are you positive that the sound is actually coming through the sony speakers, and not perhaps through the tvs own speakers?