Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have aa Bose Wave Radio/OD Model AWRQ-10. It has worked…

We have aa Bose...

We have aa Bose Wave Radio/OD Model AWRQ-10. It has worked well for many years, but suddenly the remote stopped working. Replaced battery, but no help. Comments, suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Model AWRQ=10

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing. Worked fine then nothing. It must be over 10 years. Don't have a manual. We use it everryday.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

9/20/2017
Joe AV
Joe AV, Engineer

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with this as much as possible. This can be one of two things. The remote, or the IR receiver on the unit yourself. Can you please first try to reboot the wave by unplugging and plugging back in?

I rebooted, but no help.

OK. Please allow me a few moments to research for you

Hello. Most likely your issue is the remote according to the info I am finding. I wanted to confirm the remote on the following link is your remote. Please let me know. The cost is only 14.95 so it is not too expensive.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/speaker_accessories/Wave_radio_cd_remote.html?mc=25_PS_SP_PL_00_GO_&gclid=CjwKCAjwo4jOBRBmEiwABWNaMYfBr_QRPLRJhgB-6agU3wgurW_xKYvg-YwYXFWnZhkjL0EIorT0jBoCkG4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#v=Wave_radio_cd_remote_graphite

Joe AV
Joe AV, Engineer
Phone call session started
Issue was resolved