Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We were watching tv an my onkyo tx-nr828 caught fire it was…

Customer Question
We were watching tv...

We were watching tv an my onkyo tx-nr828 caught fire it was a birth day gift from my son an feel bad about it an so does he

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

The tv is not the pro. the fire under the receiver is im not shure the year

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I pulled it out an turned it on an it shuts off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I love the receiver just moved back to the states to be close to new grandson an hope we can get it fix

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/20/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem? Did it actually catch fire? Or was it just smoking or you smelled a "hot" smell from it?
Have you been trying to use it again and it just shuts down?

Was it purchased in the US, or elsewhere? When was it purchased?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.