Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

None of the buttons to turn on or off, to control volume, to…

None of the buttons...

None of the buttons to turn on or off, to control volume, to switch t presets to switch to CD, to switch to aux. work any more. I had to unplug it to turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

I have Acoustic Wave System 2 with turn table as aux.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried any thing except to push every button over and over to see if anything worked. We were in the process of playing an old record on the turn table and i was trying to turn the aux. on and nothing happened.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that covers it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand these symptoms point to a microprocessor glitch in the Bose, which in some cases can require repairs. On a user level, the only thing you can try is to unplug the Bose from power for 60 full minutes (to drain all residual current from the system), and then plug it back in.

However, if this does not work, then the unit is in need of service- more specifically the processor has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Aric, Engineer
Aric, Engineer