Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have no instruction book and can't figure how to turn off…

Customer Question
I have no instruction...

I have no instruction book and can't figure how to turn off the alarm . What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

I don't know. It's about 3 years old....that's the best I can do.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was having trouble ejecting a CD disc and randomly pushed buttons.....any button to get the disc out.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I couldn't get a CD disc to eject and pushed every button I could to try to get it out. The next morning the alarm began. I pushed the stop alarm button on the upper left of my control which ended it then but it continues to beep every AM and I don't know how to undo the alarm

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
OK, you need to un-set the alarm, or disable it.

Tell me more about the model - so that I can specifically advise you how to disable the alarm.

Does it have a maker name on the case, e.g. Panasonic, RCA, other ?

It's a Bose. It is in another room than the computer and I'm having lots of fun running back and forth. Can you phone me so that I can sit by the system with all the stuff I need?

Do you have the remote for the Bose with the alarm, in question? with that remote in hand, you can tell me what the remote is, I can figure out from that what Bose model it is, and/or I can tell you what remote commands to push to disable the alarm. All without leaving the room where the computer is.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I have the remote. I also turned the system over and located a model #. It's 417788WME.
I also have a long serial number: 070213952900387AE. The numbers 5290 are underlined.
Now I don't know if you're still there or not. Are you continuing with me and did you receive the model and serial numbers that I sent?

Good! now, does the remote for the Bose... typing...

...does the remote for the Bose have an ALARM SETUP button on it? or

an ALARM button?

or, an ALARM 1 and/or ALARM 2 button on it?

It has an ALARM SETUP BUTTON in the lower right corner just above the word MENU.
Oh, and it does have an Alarm 1 and an Alarm 2 button to the left of the alarm setup button,
Is there anybody with me right now?

(Sorry I could not post my response before this, there was an impediment in the system until just now....) Here's the instructions: Go to the Bose radio one last time. Look at the upper left of the screen.

There should be one, or perhaps two, small logos there and a time next to each.

If the number in the logo is '1', you can disable that alarm by pressing

ALARM 1

on the remote.

If the number in the logo is '2' you can disable that alarm by pressing

ALARM 2

on the remote.

You can disable both if needed, by pressing the appropriate button(s) until the logos don't show at the upper right of your Bose radio's screen. I hope this advice helps, and answers your question. Let me know, if you have any further trouble.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will instruct and advise you further.)