Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old, trusted Bose wave radio. I set the alarm 1 to…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old, trusted Bose wave radio. I set the alarm 1 to a classical music station so I can wake to music. That's fine. I do not need alarm 2. But somehow alarm 2 got inadvertently set to a beeping alarm at 12 noon. I can't figure out how to turn alarm 2 off completely as I don't need it, and I'm often not home at noon to turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

I have to look it up because it's in another room. Please hold on while I check. It's more than 12 years old. Wait, pleease. It's the Bose Wave Radio

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's the Bose Wave Radio, AWR1-1W, DOM 986330

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No; just how to turn off Alarm 2.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do you have the Remote for this Bose Wave radio?

If so, disabling the Alarm 2 is simple: press the ALARM 2 button near the bottom of the remote, once, to turn it Off.

Alarm Setup will go through settings for Alarm 1 first, then for Alarm 2, where you can also set it to Off/Disabled.

Or just press Alarm Setup on your remote, twice, to display settings for Alarm 2. Then you can set it to Radio, change its time, etc. And press Alarm Setup again to save the settings.

Also, look on the radio's display, where it will show at upper right, in rather small icons, the Alarm 1 and Alarm 2 settings, see this illustration:

https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/support/articles/speakers/wave_radio_iv/clock%20-%20alarm/Clock-alarm.psd/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.320.320.png

and if Alarm 2 is off, it should only show Alarm 1 on the radio's screen, unlike that illustration, which shows a time for Alarm 1 and for Alarm 2.

If this answers your question, please let me know. If you need further advice and help, just reply and I will advise you further as to how to solve the problem.

Louie, Technician