Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bose Wave radio/CD will not work with the remote. Remote…

Customer Question
My Bose Wave radio/CD...

My Bose Wave radio/CD will not work with the remote. Remote has new battery but I cannot turn on the Bose. I have to uplug it to get CDs to play

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Has nothing to do with my TV as it is not connected to the TV at all. it is just the radio and cd player. it has a space for 4 CDs

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I moved and plugged it in and could not get the remote to work. So I changed the battery with a new one and still no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. The unit is at least 12 years old.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/19/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. Let me know what you observe.

Louie, Technician