Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

This is a bit of a history trip. I have a DENON AVR2105 and…

Customer Question
Hello! This is...

Hello! This is a bit of a history trip. I have a DENON AVR2105 and a DENON DVD1730, and I am trying to get them talking to each other and my TV.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

They are both about ten years old. The amp is a Denon AVR 2105, as I said.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Thanks Pearl. the system had a set top box which has died. I have disconnected that. the TV works on its own, but I no longer have the DVD and the amplifier working. Both have power. The tuner has sound but I am not getting any radio stations. I don't know how to sort through all the cabling to get things talking to each other. I am happy to do one thing at a time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

What do you mean?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

LOL just about everything! This was my former husbands domain. It might be the only thing I miss about him...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/17/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than the above.

Additionally, please describe how the DVD players is connected to the AV receiver aand how the AV receiver is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.