Joe AV
Joe AV, Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Infrastructure and Network engineer
99768184

Can i put 2 amplifiers in line to get better reception with

can i put 2 amplifiers in line to get better reception with my HDTV antana

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to answer your question. Usually if the cable from the antenna is over 50' I would suggest an amp. If you are splitting the signal from there, you can also add amps to each line post splitter that will extend over 50'.

I hope I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have a follow up questions at any time. If you feel I deserve it, please feel free to rate me. A 5 star rating is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I only have the antena hooked up to 1 tv the antena cable (coax) is over 50ft, I have 1 amp in the line a preamp at the antena and a plug in amp near the tv, the antenna is 20ft high outside can I add another amp inside to increase the signal I have some stations that are great some days and somedays no signal at all

You can try another amp. Only possible issue is it can cause the good stations to "overdrive" while fixing the weak channels. This "overdrive" would look like electrical interference on the image. I would say if you were to try it, just keep the receipt so you can return it if it causes too much interference.