Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to hook up sony dvd player. Input only goes to hdmi 1…

Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up sony dvd player. Input only goes to hdmi 1 or tv. won't go to component av.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

NS-19E310NA15. Yes I have. I also called sony and they to call you.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. only problem won't go to component av.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just bought sony unit last week, tried to hook up,nothing happened.

9/16/2017
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the model number of the Sony DVD player?
What type of cable are you using to connect it to the TV?

Sony Model DVP-SR210P. Cable is double end male plug,red,white and yellow.

Red white and yellow connections are AV connections. So ensure you select the correct input - it should be called AV or something similar.

If you select Component AV then you will need to use the Red/Green/Blue connections.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer