Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old Bose Wave Radio/CD I want to hook up my iPhone…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Bose Wave Radio/CD I want to hook up my iPhone through the AUX cable in the back I can faintly hear the song when I turn the volume to MAX How can I fix that so it works normally?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Probably 10 years old It is a Wave Radio/cd

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I can hear the music from the iPhone, but just faint with volume all the way to MAX

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Do you have the sound on both the iPhone and the Radio at max?

Please let me know

Very faint with all the sound up to max on both

If you plug headphones into the iPhone, how does it sound?

works great
also works on my AUX car radio

ok, and if you plug another device into the Aux on the Bose, how does it sound?

tried an old MP3, same result
when I play an old CD, sound is great
tried 2 Aux cords

Thanks

It is the internal amp in the bose that has faulted. The CD player uses no amp for the Aux, it uses the internal CD module.

You would need to put an amp between the two, something like this

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E11-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0053KWDES

Which will increase the amps so it takes over instead of the Bose.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. Sounds right given all the factors. Thanks

You're welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

I just got the charge for $40 Wasn't expecting THAT!

This is not a free service... and the costs were explained when you created the question.

I did not see you discussing anything about costs until you recieved your answer.

This is my livliehood and I am only paid a part if I get a positive rating, if now that you got your answer from me you want to now avoid paying then you will need to talk to customer service.

I don't know if that was the right answer or not until I get the amplifier. I understand the cost, but there is no resolution yet.

This question always remains open, the device I referred you to is exactly for this issue.

If you have problems when you get it you can let me know here at any time.

Ok

So If you have any problems at a later time or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Right or wrong I'll circle back to rate you when I have the fix.

ok

Hope you're right!

yes