ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Not my computer. This is a sound bar remote problem, This is

Customer Question

not my computer. This is a sound bar remote problem
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: This is a RCA home theater sound bar RTS7220B we had to add to the new TV we bought. The TV was not loud enough, so we added the sound bar. Remote got wet. Went back to store for a remote. Sold us a universal remote for RCA. This remote will not work the sound bar. We have direct TV and 2 technicians have been here and both told us the remote will not work. Told us we should try and purchase another original remote. If not, we will have to buy a new sound bar. This sound bar was bought 10-01-13. Can you help us?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Updates for what. There is nothing in directions for the TV. This has nothing to do with any computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What I need is a remote for my sound bar. I am a computer dummy and have no idea how to do this. The technician said that the sound bar was installed correctly. It is just the universal remote that won't work the sound bar.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

Please confirm the RCA remote control model number? (written on the remote control)