Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I am working on a JBL PRX518S, the customer indicated that

Customer Question

i am working on a JBL PRX518S, the customer indicated that it is drawing to much current compared to another one. I have the schematics, but none of them indicate expected voltages. Any help here? What are the rail voltages, VCC +/-?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What voltage should I see for VCC+ and VCC-?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: JBL PRX518S, 500 watt 18" pro audio subsonic woofer. I'm looking for the MFG date...
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have no idea how long, a customer brought it in for repair, I'm the new technician, unfamiliar with this. It plays great! Customer say's it's pulling to much current..(?) Most of my experience is as an R & D Engineering Technician (I only have a Technicians Degree). I'm used to having voltage notations on the schematics.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I can think of, besides being embarrassed......
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That's rather interesting. What led the customer to say that it draws too much current?

And it is drawing too much current, from what device? or, through what connection/port/terminals/etc. ?