Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have an old Bose radio (no CD) with a remote that doesn't

Customer Question

I have an old Bose radio (no CD) with a remote that doesn't work any longer. I put in a new battery but it didn't help. What else can I do?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: The booklet doesn't say. I have to check my radio. one moment
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: AWR1W1
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Initially, there is a partial test to confirm if the old remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera.

For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself (least likely).
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

Please post back results of the camera test.