Dan T.
Dan T., Master Tech
Experience:  Over 10 years of experience in consumer electronics troubleshooting & repair.
42300671

Despite the volume on the computer and iTunes AP being at

Customer Question

Despite the volume on the computer and iTunes AP being at maximum, the volume from my Bose Color Soundlink is extremely low.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Soundllink Color; model 415859, few years, not sure exactly
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried disconnecting, reconnecting. Powering off and on, Also attempted to raise the volume by pressing the "+" symbol on top of speaker.
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, was working fine till Friday. Tried all above then. Thought maybe turning it off during the weekend would fix problem. Came back to work, turned on, reconnected-problem persists
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

The first thing I'd like to try is a master reset. This will put all of the speaker's settings back to the factory condition, just so we're sure this isn't being caused by a setting. Here's the procedure:

1. Connect the speaker to the power supply.

2. Press and hold the AUX and VOL - buttons simultaneously, for 10 seconds.
3. Turn the speaker on.

Try that and let me know if the problem persists. Also, have you tried connecting through Bluetooth as well as the AUX cord? If so, does the problem persist?