Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Yesterday when I was using my F1 loudspeaker and subwoofer…

Customer Question
Yesterday when I was...

Yesterday when I was using my F1 loudspeaker and subwoofer ... I couldn't hear the vocalist singing (very faint) ...could only hear the sounds of the instrumentation music ... had to scramble and use my L1's

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Bose F1 speakers are two years old and I was playing music from my dell computers thru a Mackie mixer ... I don't use the F1's very often ... but I was dee-jaying a wedding outdoors and had set up for the ceremony and a second set up for the reception ... originally I was playing music with just instruments (violin of Canon in D and Halleauh...etc) when I switched to playing songs with vocalists ....very faint sound

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried to see if the my connections were right and to make certain if buttons on the back of the F1's were set in the right positions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that at the rehearsals the day before ...everything was ok ...but I was using a Bose tone audio engine as my mixer but moved that for the reception area and used the Mackier mixer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/10/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, have you tried connecting the Dell computer directly to the F1s? ...tried again with the "...Bose tone audio engine..."?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.