Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon AVR S 700W I have no display showing I tried…

Customer Question
I have a Denon...

I have a Denon AVR S 700W I have no display showing I tried to set the dimmer by pressing the bottom nothing happened.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

3 years old AVR S700W

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am not sure, it just happen, I use it all the time with my TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Need the dimmer to work

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/10/2017
Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Is the unit responding to it's original remote as far as power on, volume, source, etc?

Is there sound playing from the speakers?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

Please clarify, I don't know what you are saying "yes" to...

1. Is the unit responding to it's original remote as far as power on, volume, source, etc?

2. Is there sound playing from the speakers?

1. yes the unit is responding to the remote as power on, source.
2. Yes to speakers.
the is no display showing

Using the Denon remote, are you able to see the setup menu on your tv screen?

If you have the unit connected via HDMI to a tv you can go into the settings menu using the Denon remote:

-go to General

-go to Front Display

-set to anything but OFF

Are you able to get to that setting?

Did it change the front display so you can see it?

Did you get the message I just posted?

How is it going?

no still can not se it. when I set it to bright, what sure I push to say ok

If you exit the menu and get back into that setting has it changed to what you set it to?

what do I push to exit

Just keep pressing Back button.

to exit setup I just pree setup Agin

Just keep pressing Back button.

still not working

Please clarify -

1. Was the Front Display setting set to OFF when you first accessed the menu?

2. Did you verify that you actually changed the Front Display setting to Bright?

1, yes
2yes I did see the change to bright

Please try this:
-unplug the units POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the power cord and turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

I am trying it now

ok

that didn't work

The next step is to Factory Reset the unit. This will wipe out all the settings you have.

-Turn off the power using Power Button .
-Press Power Button while simultaneously pressing TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNER PRESET CH -.
-Remove your fingers from the two buttons when “Initialized” appears on the display.

I am not going to do that now , I have a lot connected to the unit, I have people coming over to watch football game. thanks can I contact you later?

Sure, just reply back here when you can.