Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Pioneer Elite VSX-52 with a fault code of UE-22. I was

Customer Question

Pioneer Elite VSX-52 with a fault code of UE-22. I was reading that someone with a Mac was having difficulty and wanted to understand the process and the download before tarting.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Pioneer Elite VSX-72 7.1 Mfg'd in 2011
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: correction VSX-52
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing, I turned on the television and the efault code appeared. Getting the same code on the tuner.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

That error code is related to a defective video board in almost all cases. In some situations, a firmware update can help, but most of the time it will come down to a hardware defect that cannot be fixed. If you want to try the update process, I can guide you through it, but I can tell you from experience that you really need access to a pc to do so, it will not work properly on a mac. Were you attempting to do an automatic (over the network) update when this started?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.