Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have installed my Boze 300. In order to calibrater my

Customer Question
I have installed my...

I have installed my Boze 300. In order to calibrater my system I had to stay within 12 ft max of the sound bar. Any further away, The Bar would not receive a signal from the remote. The bar is 2 ft high off the floor on a hardwood table in front of the TV. I have fresh batts in the remote.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Also, the Bar cannot receive signals from the remote unless I am within 12 ft. distance from it.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

What is the max distance that the bar can be away from the remote??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

This didn't just pop up. It started when I began calibration. I moved to my first spot. I remained still and pressed to vol up. nothing happened. Then I moved 3 ft closer to the bar. I pressed sound up again and the system calibrated. Bar DOES NOT received signals from the remote beyond 12 ft away.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
my Bar is the Boze 300T SN 073992Pp7000534AE
OOps SN 073992P7000534AE
9/9/2017
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Depending on how much light is in the room, 12ft may be all you can get in your environment. As light enters the room, it blinds the remote sensor, and becomes hard to detect. This isn't a malfunction, it's the way the sensors and remotes are built.

If you need more distance, I would suggest a remote extender. It acts as a middle man between the remote and the sensor. Click here. This sits closer to the remote, and sends the signal wirelessly to your soundbar. The device will then re-broadcast the remote signal to the soundbar, regardless of how much light is in the room.

I have very little light in the room. shades on windows. One lamp lit.

The only other thing you can do, is try different batteries to try to get more light emitted from the remote. The fact is, even just the TV on and one lamp, can blind the sensor.

You also have the option of getting a Logitech Harmony remote, which seem to have brighter IR emitters. That will cost more than the extender, and the extenders work great. At 12', it doesn't surprise me at all that the Bose remote will not operate in that range, and that you would need a remote extender.