Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My bose system won't turn on. I changed the batteries in the

Customer Question

My bose system won't turn on. I changed the batteries in the remote but that didn't help. What can I do next?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is a model AWRCC2 Wave music system
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't done any trouble shooting. I turned it off one afternoon and it wouldn't turn on the next day.
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as an older (anywhere from 2004 to 2012) model , that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. These radios have an expected service life of only about 5 years.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs are generally not feasible for these systems.

Your options will be to send it in direct to Bose for factory service (1-***-***-****) though this can be slow (long turnaround time) and expensive (they generally offer you a partial trade in towards a refurb model rather than actually repairing) This will typically be in the $300-400 range.

Or, as an alternative to the factory service is to contact the guys at MyBoseRepair (http://www.myboserepair.com/ship_to_us.htm) who will generally be able to do a much quicker and cheaper repair service. They typically offer a flat rate repair of around $200.

Given the age, it may make more sense to replace the system entirely with a new model with updated features and a fresh warranty.

My apologies for the news,