Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The standby like just keeps flashing not allowing me to

Customer Question
The standby like just...

The standby like just keeps flashing not allowing me to anything at all

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Devon avr-2801 and not too sure how old it is

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was working fine then when I.went to turn it on again the next day this was the case.ive tried taking out all speakers and turning back on still the same thing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's about all I know

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Hi do u have a resolution as yet
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Or just reply here is fine just need a resolution for this
Do u have an answer as yet
9/9/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 11 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The flashing light indicates that the unit has gone into a Protection mode.

There are a number of things that could cause this.

You want to make sure you have at least six inches of clearance between the top of the receiver and any other device or shelf. You also want to watch your volume to make sure you are keeping it below "0 dB" on a consistent basis.

Also, confirm that you have no speaker wire exposed that may touch either another speaker wire or the chassis of the receiver. Please make sure that the unit is receiving the proper voltage and that you are not incurring any voltage fluctuations that would trip the protection circuitry.

You can try to resolve the issue by removing all the speakers from the unit and if the unit comes out of Protection then add the speakers back one by one until you're able to determine which speaker is causing the electrical short in the speaker terminal. You can also try resetting the unit's microprocessor in the event a logic glitch in the firmware is causing the protection circuit to trip. See your owner's manual for your receiver's reset procedure.

If these procedures do not resolve the issue you will need to have the unit looked at by a service technician. You can use this link to locate the nearest Denon authorized service center: http://usa.denon.com/us/support/pages/servicecentersearch.aspx

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------