Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I keep getting the message "reading the disk" and am unable

Customer Question

I keep getting the message "reading the disk" and am unable to start the music CD to play> Help please!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Wave music system
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I simply inserted the music CD and the message started immediatelyb and went on for three minutes so I know something is wrong
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes--what are the winning lottery numbers for this week?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

To start, if I had the winning lottery numbers, I wouldn't need this job. But great question, I think that's a first here!

Let's start by resetting the radio. Some models have an eject button on them, some don't. Unplug the radio, and if it is a model with the eject button, hold that down while you plug it back in. Let me know if that makes any difference, or if the problem is still the same, and we'll go from there.