Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I keep getting the message "reading the disk" and am unable…

Customer Question
I keep getting the...

I keep getting the message "reading the disk" and am unable to start the music CD to play> Help please!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Wave music system

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I simply inserted the music CD and the message started immediatelyb and went on for three minutes so I know something is wrong

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes--what are the winning lottery numbers for this week?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/7/2017
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

To start, if I had the winning lottery numbers, I wouldn't need this job. But great question, I think that's a first here!

Let's start by resetting the radio. Some models have an eject button on them, some don't. Unplug the radio, and if it is a model with the eject button, hold that down while you plug it back in. Let me know if that makes any difference, or if the problem is still the same, and we'll go from there.