Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a bose blue tooth speaker and it just quit working

Customer Question

I have a bose blue tooth speaker and it just quit working and won't even light up for a charge, do I need to ditch it and purchase a new speaker or is there a fix for it???
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: it is maybe 3 years old is it the number on the bottom of the charging station
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried to plug it in directly to power instead of using the dock, other than that nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure i know more :) number on charging station 061374Z 4089 4910AE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The battery may be no good any more. But! if it won't even show any charge light, then you may have a defective cord or adapter or charger.

Check the dock connection, whether you can switch it On with the charger attached whether through the dock or not. If it just won't switch on any which way, it's probably not as simple as replacing the battery, though that could still be tried.

Let me know the result, and I will advise you in detail, further, depending upon what happens.