Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Bose acoustic wave music system with a 5 disk

Customer Question

I have a Bose acoustic wave music system with a 5 disk changer.Model Cd -3000 (no longer supported by Bose). The radio and the top Cd player works fine. The problem is the 5 disk changer is loaded with 5 disks and will not eject them or play any of them. It makes noise like it is trying but nothing happens. Is there a 3rd party that works on these machines?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Bose Model Cd -3000. the bottom of the 5 disk changer was made in 2003.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This was a machine I got at a garage sale and I am not familiar enough to do anything except try to play it.
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Yes, there is a company that still repairs these CD-3000 CD changers (and I will provide that info at the bottom of my post).

First, I would suggest trying a hard reset of the Bose. To do this- disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).
Wait a minute, then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices- EXCEPT the power cable.
Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.
Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case the company at the link below still services the CD-3000 and can provide repairs:

http://www.myboserepair.com/

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot properly rate this until i try your suggestion.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Well your initial question was asking about a repair service- which was provided. The other steps are simply something you can try.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Those steps are an ATTEMPT at a quick fix- and if they don't work, then the Bose requires repairs (which is what you came asking about). In that case- the link I posted specifically advertises the "CD-3000" as a unit they repair. Let me know if there's anything else you need today.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help.