Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't get my remote to sync with my stereo. I just

I can't get my...

I can't get my remote to sync with my stereo. I just replaced the battery so I know it's not that.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

It's a Wave Radio CD and I bought it in 2008. However, it has been packed away for a long time. I have the serial number if you need it. It may just need to be reset.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried any troubleshooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

8/19/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, there is a partial test to confirm if the old remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself .
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

Louie, Technician