Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to connect tv to 3.2.1 series ii system using optical

trying to connect tv to 3.2.1 series ii system using optical digital connection. cables are connected but i cannot get system menu to show on the tv so i can't assign the source. I am pushing system button on the remote
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: samsung model un65mu65odf recently bot
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: its a new tv, just set up and connected tv to media box
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: should i have any connection to the att box?

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First you additionally need a yellow video cable connected from the Bose "Video Out" to the "Y/Green" (Video) jack on the Samsung, or you need Red, Green and Blue from the Bose "Component Video Out" to the Samsung's Component Inputs, then set the Samsung SOURCE setting to Video/AV/ or Component (depending on which cables you used), in order to see the Bose setup screen on the Samsung. Have you done that yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks That worked!

Excellent and you're very welcome!

Also, you paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?

Did you need further assistance?