Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My boze unplugged from the strip accidentally and now it…

Customer Question
My boze unplugged from...

My boze unplugged from the strip accidentally and now it will not work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Av3-22-111

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We checked all connections and shut it off for 60 sec

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/6/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you seeing any lights/indicators on the main unit at all currently?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

we still don't know why there are no lights / power getting to the unit. Can't imagine the unit coming unplugged could halt service to it

I was just asking for confirming IF any of the lights were coming on or not.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). Even just coming unplugged could have resulted in this type of shock/surge damage.

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2005 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This system is well over double its service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; however bose repairs are generally not feasible. There are no parts available and there are only 2 repair options in the entire country that can work on them. It will cost as much or more to fix as it would to buy a brand new system with updated features and a fresh warranty.

I can help you with finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,