Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can a Samsung HW-K360 sound bar be connected to a Time

Customer Question
Can a Samsung HW-K360...

Can a Samsung HW-K360 sound bar be connected to a Time Warner RC122 remote to adjust volume?

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Sound bar is connected to TV

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

The sound bar works, I want to control the volume with the cable remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
8/6/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

It may be possible to use the remote, but compatibility does vary. I can provide you with the necessary codes and instructions to try to program the remote, but again there is no guarantee of compatibility, so it may not work. If the remote is capable of working, it will happen via this process.

The codes to try are 3449, 3474, and 3515

1. Turn on the soundbar
  2. On your TW remote, press and hold the AUX button and the OK/SEL buttons simultaneously until all device buttons blink twice.
  3. Point the remote at your device and enter one of the codes above, such as 3449.
    Note: Pause one second between entering each number of the code.
  4. Verify that the correct code has been selected by pressing the POWER, VOL+, VOL-, or Mute.
  5. If the devices does not operate properly, repeat steps 2-4 trying one of the other codes