Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Cannot get out the tape from the recorder, Aiwa fcc id

Customer Question

Cannot get out the tape from the recorder
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Aiwa fcc id BJJHVMX1U
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: iT JUST TOP WORKING AFTER I PUT IN THE VCR TAPE.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: MODEL - AIWA DIGITAL CONVERTER SYSTEM NTSC-PAL NODE #HV-MX1U I THINK...UB#010392...ID BJJHVMX1U
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Initially, try rewinding first before ejecting.

Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue. While this can be as simple as a loose, deformed or broken belt, the Aiwa HV-MX1u would still have to be opened up.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

Or perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I get the tape out and this part work. Now, when I put the tape into the machine it will not stay and the Play will not start. It shot off and eject the tape. Why will not the motor for PLAY start.? I have taking off all cover up and down to try figure it out what block the whole or not activate the motor to start up on play. It shot off the power to the unit and I have to pull the plug and back..?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

If the capstan motor, capstan belt or even the pinch roller has an issue, then PLAY mode would auto-stop or not even work at all.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, I am NOT willing to go on anymore. I do not think the money can help me. So stop and return the money....
StigOlof
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.

Request for cancellation, refunds as well as billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I like to STOP this. We do not get any were anyway.
I regret that I start this talking. So, I am not satisfied with it and like my money back
to my PayPal account right away..Thanks...
StigOlof Andersson