Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a novo nv-e6m for whole house distribution.

Customer Question
I have a novo...

I have a novo nv-e6m for whole house distribution. Previously I had the tv, tuner and cd player all connected to the distributor. I moved out of state and my mom pulled all the wires out for some stupid reason. I am trying to sell the house and need to have everything connected so potential buyers can see that it works.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

I am trying to talk my mom through connecting the wires, so I don't have to fly from California to Michigan. But I am having a little trouble.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Can you help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?

It's got cat5e wires that running from the out ports on the distributor but the in wall zone connections have only black and red (2 of each) inputs. Do I splice the cat5e and connect all the colored wires to the distributor, but then only use the black and red wires of the other end of the cat5e wire to plug into the in wall zone plates?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
8/6/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 1 year ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Yes you can splice the CAT5E wires.

You only need to use the black and red wires at each end.