Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a bose solo the has been ceasing to work periodically

Customer Question

I have a bose solo the has been ceasing to work periodically for some time. I usually unplug it and after several hours and it usually works again.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: however, it now does not work and the power light does not come on. Let me check.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: all I could find on the back is a serial #(###) ###-####22750260ae
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know there is someway to update the software but I don't know where to find it and I have tried unsuccessfully before.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 months ago.

You are correct, there are updates to the speaker. However, since the light isn't on, it may be a hardware problem. The first thing to do is update it, click here for the instructions and file download.

If the problem persists, it will need to be sent in for repair, there is likely a weak component in your power supply, causing it to lose power periodically. They will offer you a flat rate repair, and if they cannot fix it, they will offer you a new unit at an incredibly discounted rate. Call 1-***-***-**** to get an RA number and shipping instructions.