Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Panasonic Home Theater sound system SA-HT720, that…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic Home Theater sound system SA-HT720, that I bought years ago and never really used. I am setting it up know for the CD and radio features. My question is when only those features are used does it still function with all 5 speakers or only 2?

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

SA-HT720

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic system?

I have attached all the speakers to the woofer but when I turn on the radio and/or a CD only the right and left speaker work but not the center or two surround sound speakers.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
8/4/2017
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 11 months ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The surround sound will not work with CD or radio.

The surround sound features will only work when you play a surround sound source, eg. a DVD with Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------