Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently purchased an Insigna TV with Roku and am trying…

Customer Question
I recently purchased an...

I recently purchased an Insigna TV with Roku and am trying to install a sound bar, but I can"t get any sound. It kills the sound from my TV but does not transmit though bar, any sugestions.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Insignia TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

There is only one port hole for the Cable and it is on the side of the TV marked AUX Sound.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I'm not really sure, it is a Nakamichi Bar with a single cable the only id on the cable is Audio Cable 6586

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
8/3/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is the model number off of the back of the Insignia TV?

What is the Brand and Model Number of the soundbar?

What specific port on the soundbar, and on the TV are you plugging into?

Please post some specifics so we can help you.

Insigna/w/Roku #NS-39DR510A17
SOUND BAR-NAKAMICHI #NK1B
THERE IS ONLY A SINGLE PORT ON THE SIDE OF THE BAR MARKED AUX AND THE SAME ON THE TV

The port on the TV should say "Audio Out"- is that the one you're connected to?

Hello?

Let me know when you're able to proceed.

Use the Nak remote and select the AUX Input. Then RAISE the volume on the soundbar. Is it still dead silent? If so where did you purchase this unit from and was it one of the many refurbished Nakamichi soundbars out there?

Hello?

THEEIS NO AUX ON THE NK REMOTE JUST AUX AND VOLUMNE AND I HAVE IT ALL THE WAY UP NO SOUND, IT WAS PURCHASED ON LINE FROM AMAZON ANDIT ISBRAND NEW
THERE IS NO AUX OUT ON REMOTE
ARIC, I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THE BAR IS DEFECTIVE. THANKS FORYOUR HELP ANYWAY
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

I apologize that you have not received a response yet.

Do you still need help with your issue?

no, what I would to know what the $33.00 charge to my account is for. I don't recall joining any programs.

Sure, you can call customer service at 1-***-***-****