Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a sony portable DVD player and having problems with

Customer Question

I have a sony portable DVD player and having problems with hookup to a Samsung newer TV . I get video but not audio
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I recently bought an Amozon fire and cut the cable. Before that I was running the DVD through a Bose lifestyle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started I bought a bose bar to play the TV audio, but when I attached the DVD to the inputs on the TV. Got video but just a loud hum thru the bose
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Everything else is working as it should
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "...sony portable DVD player...Samsung newer TV..." Additionally, please describe how the DVD player is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).