Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Well, I have a sharp tv (non smartv) and a sony SA-CT60BT

Customer Question

Well, I have a sharp tv (non smartv) and a sony SA-CT60BT sound bar that I cannot get to work. I have lost the remote to the soundbar and have bought a universal. Please help.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a sharp LCD tv model number LC-32sB23U. Do not see any dates. A few years old I guess.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. A friend gave me this Sony sound bar and I can't get it to work with the television.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sound bar is a sony SA-CT60BT
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, please describe how the soundbar is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed?
...or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?