Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have an older Bose speaker set that has a docking station

Customer Question

Hi, I have an older Bose speaker set that has a docking station for my even older iPod. For some unknown reason, the speakers have stopped working. I was checking to see if there is a way to try and fix the problem.
JA: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?
Customer: Power cord only....no bluetooth
JA: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?
Customer: Yes, my iPod works on a cheaper portable player.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does this information cost anything?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To be clear, this is a paid support service, not free help. You agreed to the corresponding fee on the payment page.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, these Bose sound docks have a very high failure rate. The problem lies in the circuit board underneath the dock connector. This is not something that a simple cleaning or reset will fix, unfortunately, and will require repairs. Your options will be to send it in direct to Bose for factory service (1-***-***-****) though this can be slow (long turnaround time) and expensive if you’re beyond the warranty period (they generally offer you a partial trade in towards a refurb model rather than actually repairing)
Or, as an alternative to the factory service is to contact the guys at Invebo: http://www.invebo.com/usstore/index.html

who will generally be able to do a much quicker and cheaper repair service.

My apologies for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.