Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Experience:  Audio & Video Technician
98889509

My Bose Wave radio/cd combo w/ the 3 cd changer accessory

Customer Question

My Bose Wave radio/cd combo w/ the 3 cd changer accessory does not have any sound. We were listening and the sound just stopped.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: The label just says Wave Music system. I'd say it's about 8 years old. the serial # is 033975C10486461AC
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It was a beautiful sunny day, no storms or power surges. I tried 1)unplugging and replugging in every wire.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also unplugged the power, left it off for about 3-4 minutes. Same thing.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 2 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Bose issue.
First thing I would check, is the back connection at your Main unit. Please make sure that the 3 disc changer is plugged in all the way. If that did not help. Check the connector and look at all the pins and make sure no one is bend. If everything looks good, and the single cd player in the main unit has audio, and the 3 disc changer just lights up, plays cds but has no audio then it is safe to asume that the 3 disc changer has an internal issue. Then the only way to get that fixed is to send it to Bose for repair for a Flat rate if $75
Please let me know if my tips were helpful.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your Bose unit. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out.
Please rate my service. That is the only way I would get paid for my service. I would really appreciate it.