Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Soundlink mini, water damage, pouring rain on my mini

Customer Question
Soundlink mini Technician's Assistant:...

Soundlink mini

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Water damage

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Pouring rain on my mini soundlink

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
7/30/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Aric, Engineer
My name is ***** ***** I'm sorry you're having issues. Whenever electronics get waterlogged it's not recommended to even try to power them up. There is a lithium ion battery in the device that could short circuit causing unrepairable damage internally. While there's no way anyone can tell if this is repairable in it's current condition without disassembly, it would be recommended to contact Bose and have them inspect it. In many cases the unit would be seemed unrepairable as the cost of replacing the internal failed components can exceed the cost of s new one once labor is factored in. However they may also offer you a brand new unit at a discounted price. They handle that on a case by case basis however.
In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Please view my reply for the answer to your question.