Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't get the Hitachi app to recognize my Smart wi-fi 100…

Customer Question
Hi - I can't...

Hi - I can't get the Hitachi app to recognize my Smart wi-fi 100 speaker

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

I had it working earlier but then I updated the app as requested and now it won't recognize the speaker. I have not tried using an ethernet cable

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Wifi is working - I am using it on my computer now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
I never got an answer to my question. Am I going to get one within 24 hours?
7/30/2017
Technician: Jonathan Stocks,
 replied 11 months ago
Jonathan Stocks

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. So you are able to control the unit using your computer, but not the app, correct?

No. The app can't find the speaker even though I have on set up mode. I have been able connect it but then it loses the connection and reports that it can't find the speaker.
I've tried reinstalling the hitachi app and resetting the speaker to factory settings.
I have not tried to connect via Bluetooth or an ethernet cable
Technician: Jonathan Stocks,
 replied 11 months ago

Let's try connecting it directly to your router with an ethernet cable and see if we still have problems connecting to it.

OK, I've done that but the whole purpose of buying two of these speakers is so that I can play them through my wifi. It was working for a minute but then it stopped working. Am I supposed to test the speaker after hooking it up?
Technician: Jonathan Stocks,
 replied 11 months ago

This is just a test to see if there is an issue with the wifi antenna in the unit. If it works fine plugged into the router then we can troubleshoot further.

OK - how do we test it?
Technician: Jonathan Stocks,
 replied 11 months ago

After plugging it into the router, go into the app and see if you can connect to it and start playing music

Technician: Jonathan Stocks,
 replied 11 months ago

Any luck?

OK - I opened up the Hitachi app and tried to play something through the speaker but it did not work.
Technician: Jonathan Stocks,
 replied 11 months ago

Have you already tried factory reseting it?

Technician: Jonathan Stocks,
 replied 11 months ago

So you are able to see the speaker in the app, but it won't play any music?

I am now able to play using the Qualcomm all play app
OK - now how do I make this work without using the ethernet cable
I tried unplugging the cable but the music stopped. The Hitachi app is still not finding the speaker.
I am using a Samsung Tablet SM-T217S. Android version 4.4.2