Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I love my bose wave 3 but just found out my housekeeper

Customer Question

I love my bose wave 3 but just found out my housekeeper accidentally threw away the remote (not her fault- mixed up with papers that were recycled) and I'm having a party tonight! Can I operate volume (for CDs) without remote? Thanks!
JA: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?
Customer: I'm just using the basic system. Will be sufficient
JA: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?
Customer: No. I was hoping I could somehow plat a CD in it and could utilize the basic system. I would just need to turn up the volume on the Bose unit but no longer have a remote
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just if I can operate my Bose Wave 3 without my remote
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You might need a replacement remote, but I am first going to try for a method to adjust volume without a remote on the Wave 3 ... I'm working on that now...

I think you will need the remote for adjusting volume. The controls on the Wave 3, nice as it is as a device, are limited to an on-off touch-sensitive area. There's not any way to adjust volume without the remote.

(Or perhaps, with a smartphone and an app... I doubt it, but I'll look into that option too if you like.)

Would you like a source or two or three to order a new remote control from?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

(If you need a replacement remote, this might do:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/speaker_accessories/wave_music_system_remote.html?mc=25_PS_SP_PL_00_GO_&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInpiFxfWw1QIVgzuBCh0iUQBBEAQYASABEgKTuPD_BwE#v=wave_music_system_remote_white

)

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.