Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I lost the remote to my soundtouch cinema 120 I do have it…

Customer Question
I lost the remote...

I lost the remote to my soundtouch cinema 120 I do have it universe connected by my tv remote but can't turn it on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

1 year old vizeo 72 inch

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't have a remote can I turn it on from the console

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
7/29/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

There are unfortunately no manual controls on the Cinemate console- as it is designed to be operated exclusively from the Bose remote. That said, you mentioned something about "universe connected by my tv remote", and I'm not sure what that means. Are you saying the Vizio remote used to turn the Bose on and off and control volume as well? If so, that's not likely as Vizio does not make remote's with universal capability. You may have simply been raising/powering the TV's volume which in turn fed the Bose that signal. However since you've lost the remote and there are no buttons on the console, the only solution here is to purchase the original Bose Cinemate 120 remote as it is not functional without it. I'm pulling up a link to that remote right now.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?