Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have on my customer has a Panasonic digital media receiver

Customer Question

good morning I have on my customer has a Panasonic digital media receiver model TU – PT 700 you were trying to hook it up to 80 HD TV actually to a satellite receiver that's HDMI output
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model is Thomas under ***** ***** 700 you it's about 15 I don't know how old it is over five years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The model is Thomas under ***** ***** 700 you it's about 15 I don't know how old it is over five years oldit was working fine I unplugged everything and we're installing another cabinet and I try to plug it back in I get Audio but I do not get a picture I have a picture of a I a piano keyboard or actually piano strings on the on the TV screen right now
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was working fine I unplugged everything and we're installing another cabinet and I try to plug it back in I get Audio but I do not get a picture I have a picture of a I a piano keyboard or actually piano strings on the on the TV screen right nowno that's it
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) check the two (2) cables connecting the Digital Media receiver to the Display unit. Of particular interest would be the pins of each plug. Ensure that all pins are present, straight and evenly spaced.

Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Additionally, check and ensure that the "...satellite receiver..." is set for max 1080i video output resolution.